TUESDAY MORNING 10:30 AM
TUESDAY MORNING BOOK STUDY IN SEPTEMBER · 10:30 AM
In September we continue our discussion on the book study Rediscipling the White Church by David Swanson.
Pastor Swanson contends that discipleship, not diversity, lies at the heart of our white churches’ racial brokenness. Before churches can pursue diversity, he argues, we must first take steps to address the faulty discipleship that has led to our segregation in the first place. Swanson proposes that we rethink our churches’ habits and imagine a communal discipleship that can reform us as members of Christ’s diverse body.
We will meet in-person in the Fellowship Hall at 10:30 AM. Due to a rise in COVID-19 cases, we ask that you wear a mask while inside. There will be spacing between chairs and open doors as weather permits.
Meeting dates and discussion topics
• Tuesday, August 31 Rediscipling the White Church, part two
• Tuesday, September 7 Rediscipling the White Church, part three Wounded by Race
• Tuesday, September 14 Rediscipling the White Church, part four Practicing Table Fellowship and Kingdom Preaching
• Tuesday, September 21 Rediscipling the White Church, part five Practicing Subversive Liturgies and Children’s Ministry of Reconciliation
• Tuesday, September 28 Rediscipling the White Church, part six Practicing Presence and Salvation from Superiority
We have books available in the church office if you would like to purchase one. They are $15.00.
We hope you can join us!