Soup Supper at Home with Desta Goehner
CLICK on the arrow in the picture to view Holy Trinity’s “Soup Supper at Home – Souper Fun Cooking Video” during this Season of Lent:
A modified version of Hamburger Soup with Desta Goehner.
SOUPER FUN COOKING VIDEOS
In lieu of gathering for Soup Suppers during the Season of Lent, Holy Trinity presents “Soup Supper at Home”
Watch the video of one of your friends making soup in their home.
It’s another fun way to stay connected with each other.
HOW TO MAKE HAMBURGER SOUP
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 sticks celery chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound extra lean (95% lean) ground beef
- 2 heaping tablespoons tomato paste
- 1(28 fluid ounce) can diced tomatoes with juices
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 large Russet potatoes peeled & diced
- 1 dash Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil, onion, and celery to a large soup pot. Sauté for 5-7 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in the garlic, followed by the beef. Cook until the beef has browned, stirring occasionally (about 5 minutes). You shouldn’t need to drain much fat if you’re using extra lean ground beef, but feel free to drain some/most of it if desired (I didn’t drain any).
- Stir in the tomato paste, then add in the diced tomatoes, beef broth, potatoes, and Italian seasoning.
- Increase the heat and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat a bit so it’s gently boiling. Cook for 20-25 minutes. You can cook it a little bit longer to intensify the flavor if you wish.
- Season with salt & pepper as needed and serve immediately.
Let us know which type of soup you make!
Find us on Youtube @Holy Trinity Lutheran Church Thousand Oaks