Director of Congregational Connections
Director of Congregational Connections
The mission of Holy Trinity ELCA Church (HTLC) www.htlcto.org is “to nurture Christ-centered lives that reflect God’s love and grace in our local and global communities.” The ministry goal is to equip and empower people of all ages to have faith and to provide experiences that will further growth, learning, and active witness as Christians.
The Director of Congregational Connections collaborates with staff and volunteers to grow the ministries at HTLC. The Director assists the Pastor in managing the life of the church by working with clergy and lay volunteers to recruit, train, mentor, assist and evaluate as HTLC serves the local and world-wide community and each other. The Director will be an out-going, dynamic, and approachable person with a track record of creating, implementing and sustaining programs or ministries with strong volunteer leaders. They must be able to nurture interpersonal relationships as well as be organized in administrative responsibilities.
The Director of Congregational Connections will provide support and assist church volunteers in ministries and committees such as Property, Finance, Communion Ministers, Personnel, Funeral Committee, Community Outreach and Advocacy, Spiritual Growth/Adult Education, Children Youth and Family, etc.
Employee’s Responsibilities and Areas of Focus
The Director of Congregational Connections will be a creative person who can work with the Pastor and leadership to prioritize and identify activities that need to be addressed. It is expected that the Director of Congregational Connections will work as a team with other staff and lay volunteers.
Provide Organizational Support
- Plan, delegate, or assist in executing planned events by recruiting and managing volunteers and assisting with logistical tasks. This may include potlucks, dinners, lunches, or Lenten Soup Suppers, and Stewardship Activities.
- Organize, and coordinate community building activities
- Revise, track and use member’s “Time and Talents Sheets” and the HTLC database to match volunteer’s interests with opportunities to serve.
- Assist Pastor in tracking committees and ministry teams to make sure they are staffed and evaluated, and help transition volunteers as they serve out their terms.
- Support and assist volunteers in outreach activities such as our year-round primary school tutoring and the Monday Night Meals and Winter Shelter programs.
- Support and assist in the Small Groups Ministry.
- Coordinate recruitment and support of communion ministers
- Organize and track pastoral care needs for pastor and others to visit. Work with the pastor to see that members in difficult times are cared for.
Welcoming and Integrating New People:
- Work to recruit a Welcoming Ministry team. Help create a system for following up with new attendees on an ongoing basis.
- Assist the pastor and volunteers to integrate new people or inactive people into the life of the community through service, small groups, worship, ministry teams, or other points of connection within the church.
- Follow up with newcomers and potential new members as well as members who haven’t been to church for a while. Coordinate new member orientation classes.
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience. The successful candidate will have experience in non-profit, church work or a similar field with demonstrated success in organizational management. Good group communication skills are required, as are computer and social media proficiency. Church membership is not mandatory, however an understanding of the welcoming spirit of Christian love and service through experience, and/or course work in religion, history of religion, or Lutheran Theology is important. Fluency in Spanish a plus.
This is a part-time, 30 hour a week position at $25 an hour. This position reports to the Senior Pastor. Some Sunday mornings and evening meetings are required. Therefore flexibility in scheduling is a requirement. The successful candidate must pass a background check.
This position is entitled to two weeks paid vacation per year, three weeks after three years. There are 10 paid holidays. Annual holidays will be posted at the beginning of each year. The office is closed on some school holidays.
Please email a resume with a one-page cover letter to HR@htlcto.org. Deadline for application is August 1, 2019.